Man Arrested Over Fatal Clontarf Collision

Gardaí arrested a man aged in his 20s on Tuesday in connection with a fatal road traffic accident on the Clontarf Road on 30 June, this year.

The man was detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984 at Clontarf Garda Station.

On 30 June, a 62-year-old cyclist died after being hit by a car at about 18:30.

Garda have said that the investigation is ongoing and renewed an appeal for any witnesses to contact the incident room at Clontarf Garda Station 01-6664800, the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.


Related Irish News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

14 October 2009
Murder Inquiry Follows Dublin Attack
A murder investigation has been launched after a 22-year-old man died in hospital as a result of an attack over the weekend. Gardaí in Clontarf, Dublin, have begun the now murder inquiry after Barry Walsh who was from Castleknock was chased and beaten in the early hours of Sunday morning at Marino Mart.
01 September 2015
Convicted Sex Offender Arrested At Dublin Airport
A convicted sex offender has been arrested at Dublin Airport. Mian Shahid, 19, was arrested by gardai at around 10.40pm on Monday night as he was boarding a flight to Dubai. He is currently being held at Clontarf Garda Station and is expected to appear at the High Court later today.
30 July 2010
Fresh Appeal Launched On Fairview Shooting
A new appeal has been launched over the Fairview shooting that led to the shooting of a doorman and two patrons at a Dublin pub.
27 July 2010
Dublin Pub Gun Victim Remains Critical
One of the men injured in a shooting incident outside a pub in Fairview in Dublin yesterday morning is still in a critical condition in Beaumont Hospital. A second man, who was also shot in the incident, is in a critical but stable condition at the Mater Hospital.
26 July 2010
Dublin Shooting Leaves Three Wounded
Three men are in hospital after a shooting incident at the Players Lounge pub in Fairview in Dublin. According to reports this morning, a man armed with two guns approached a group standing outside the pub at around 12.30am and fired a number of shots.