Kerry Man Stabbed In Face With Bottle

A man has been stabbed in face with a broken bottle during a violent assault on Tuesday night.

The man in his 30s is recovering in hospital in Kerry following the incident, which took place in Tralee town centre just after 1.00am.

The incident is believed to have taken place on Denny Street, a busy street with many guest houses and bars.

The victim was taken to Kerry General Hospital, where he is said to be in a comfortable condition.

No arrests have yet been made, but the scene is being forensically examined and Gardaí are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.


Related Irish News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

17 December 2013
Three Garda Officers Investigated Over Alleged Street Fight
An investigation is underway after three Dublin-based Garda officers were allegedly involved in a street fight after trying to solicit prostitutes while on a night out in Limerick. It is claimed that a large group of off-duty Garda officers where socialising in a pub in Limerick's city centre when the alleged incident took place.
22 February 2010
Arrest Follows Second Murder
There has been an arrest this morning after a bread delivery man was shot dead at a petrol station on the Ennis Road in Limerick. A 29-year-old man has been held in connection with the murder of the delivery man - believed to have been in his 30s.
30 October 2007
Man Injured In Kerry Stabbing
A man has been injured in a stabbing in Co Kerry. It is understood that the 35-year-old was stabbed during an incident in An Daingean. He was taken to Kerry General Hospital for treatment, but his injuries are not believed to be serious. Gardaí are investigating the incident.
10 November 2014
Dundalk Gardaí Appeal After Knife-Point Robbery
An investigation is underway after a family in Dundalk were robbed at knife-point. Gardaí said three masked men forced their way into the Dundalk family home of a restaurant owner. His wife and three children were also home at the time.
06 February 2013
Pensioner Dies After Falling Into A Fireplace
A pensioner has died after falling in to a fireplace which was lit. The incident took place at a house in Ballina just before 10.30pm. It is believed the 92-year-old woman did not die of fire-related injuries. Gardai are currently investigating, however they are not treating the death as suspicious.