River Search Continues For Missing Man

A search is continuing in Co. Tipperary for a man who is feared to have drowned in the River Suir.

It is understood that two men got into trouble in the river on Saturday night, when one entered the river in an attempt to rescue the other.

One of the men was taken to Waterford Regional Hospital for treatment and was later released.

However, the other man is still missing.


Related Irish News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

22 January 2015
Body Recovered In Search For Man Swept Away In River Nore
Gardaí searching for a 33-year-old man have recovered a body from the River Nore in Thomastown, Co Kilkenny. Officers have been searching for Derek Tyrrell since he was swept away by strong currents in the river in the early hours of Sunday morning.
21 March 2011
Fisherman's Body Identified
The body of a fisherman, found off the south Co Wexford coast, has been identified. John Ennis went missing 31 days ago after the boat he was in sank 45 metres from shore between Duncannon and Arthurstown.
15 December 2014
Naval Divers Recover Two Bodies For Cork City River
Naval Service divers have recovered the bodies of a man and a woman from the River Lee in Cork City. A search of the river was carried out after a woman in her 20s and a man in his 40s were reported missing on 04 December. Their deaths are not being treated as suspicious. Post-mortems are due to be carried out today.
11 June 2014
Body Recovered From River Shannon
The body of a man has been recovered from the River Shannon. The man, understood to be in his late 20s, got into difficulty in the water on Tuesday evening at an area known as Sandy, behind the grounds of the University of Limerick. It is understood that the man was at the riverside with one of his horses.
10 September 2013
Body Recovered In River Search
A man has drowned following an incident in the Avoca River in County Wicklow in the early hours of Tuesday morning. Two men went into the river from the Marine Village apartments, where it is believed they both lived. One man who raised the alarm survived the incident.