15/09/2014

Missing Wexford Teenager Found In Sligo

Gardaí have said that missing 15-year-old Sait Canbullu has been found "safe and well" in Sligo.

A Child Rescue Ireland alert was issued on Saturday after the teenager was reported missing. However, the alert was later stood down and the case reclassified as a missing person.

Gardaí say that they now believe that Sait travelled of his own free will from Wexford to Sligo to two men, known to them as 'organised criminals'.

Sait has since returned to Wexford.

(MH/CD)

Related Irish News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

19 December 2011
Call For Assistance To Families On Missing
Ireland's law reform body has called for the plan to see the families of missing people to receive financial help with paying their bills. The Law Reform Commission (LRC) on Monday published its Consultation Paper on Civil Law Aspects of Missing Persons making 18 detailed provisional recommendations for reform of the law.
13 September 2007
Fresh Appeal For Missing Sligo Girl
Gardaí have launched a new appeal for information about missing Sligo teenager Melissa Mahon on the first anniversary of her disappearance. Melissa, 15, was last seen on September 13, 2006. She is described as being 5ft tall and of thin build, with long black hair and a pale complexion.
13 January 2014
Missing Tramore Teenager Found Safe
A 16-year-old girl who went missing from her home in Tramore, Co Waterford, has been found safe and well, Gardaí have said. Margueritta 'Maggie' Goulden was reported missing on 8 January. It is understood the teenager was found in the Dublin area. Gardaí have thanked the public for their assistance in the case.
21 September 2022
New Initiative To Help Trace Missing People With Dementia 
A new initiative to help Police and other agencies find those with Dementia quickly and safely is to be rolled out across Northern Ireland.
28 August 2015
Missing Teenager Found 'Safe And Well'
Missing 17-year-old Keeley Murphy has been found "safe and well", garda have reported. Garda had issued an appeal for information on the whereabouts of the teenager, who had been missing since 21 August. Garda have thanked the public for their help and said that no further action is needed.