Three Arrested After High-Speed Car Chase

Three men were arrested on Wednesday evening following a high-speed car chase on the M1 motorway.

Garda came upon a car in Drogheda travelling south that had been stolen in the north.

Following a pursuit, garda attempted to ram the car near the M1/M50 junction, damaging three garda cars in the operation.

The three arrested men are being held at Ballymun Garda Station.


Related Irish News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

04 September 2012
Man Dies In Shooting Incident
A 21-year-old man who was shot in Bunratty, Co Clare, died yesterday in hospital. Two men are still being questioned over the attack at the Bunratty Castle Hotel car park, and are being detained at Mayfield and Gurranabraher Garda Stations.
02 February 2015
Three Arrested After Co Carlow Car Chase
Gardaí have arrested three men in Co Carlow following a chase when the car failed to stop at a checkpoint. It is understood that the incident happened just after midnight on the N80 in Clonegal. Garda gave chase as the car made off towards Carlow town. In the town, the car rammed a garda patrol car injuring three officers.
26 September 2014
Three Men Hit By Car Fleeing From Garda
Three men are being treated in hospital after being hit by a car which was being pursued by gardaí. Gardaí have said a Hyundai Accent struck three men, aged in their 70s, and crashed into two parked cars outside the pitch and putt course in Parteen, Co Clare, at about 17:00 on Thursday.
28 August 2013
Men Arrested After Garda Car Rammed Seriously Injuring Officer
Two men have been arrested and a female garda officer injured in an incident in Swords, Co Dublin. Garda have reported that the officers car was rammed when she responded to a call of a car acting suspiciously in Cian Lea estate at around 03:25 on Wednesday morning.
03 April 2014
Eight Arrested Over Modified Car Rally
Eight people, a woman and seven men, have been arrested in County Clare for participating in an illegal modified car rally. All eight were charged in connection with the incident and released on bail. They will appear before Ennis District on 23 April 2014.