Viable Device In Dublin Made Safe

The Army Bomb Disposal Team has made safe a viable device in Dublin.

The improvised explosive was found close to the Hollystown roundabout, on the Cappagh Road in Finglas, at approximately 11.45pm on Tuesday night.

The area was sealed off for a period of time and the device has been taken for further examination.


Related Irish News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

21 August 2012
Explosive Device Made Safe In Dublin
An explosive device was made safe by the Army early on Tuesday morning in Dublin. A bomb disposal team arrived at Cushlawn Park, Tallaght, at 2.35am to deal with the object outside a private home. Local people were evacuated, and the scene was declared safe at 3.20am.
05 September 2014
Viable Explosive Device Made Safe In Dublin
A viable improvised explosive device (IED) has been made safe in Dublin, it has been confirmed. It is understood the device was discovered in the garden of a private residence on Thursday evening by the homeowner. A bomb disposal team attended the scene in Ronanstown, Co Dublin. Some homes were evacuated, while road closures were also put in place.
02 November 2015
Residents Evacuated After Viable Device Found In Dublin
Residents had to be evacuated from their homes in Dublin after a suspected viable device was found. The suspect device was discovered in Blanchardstown at around 8pm on Saturday. Army Bomb Disposal experts made the device safe at the scene. Residents have returned to their homes and the scene was declared safe at 9pm.
16 August 2012
IED Made Safe In Dublin
A viable Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was made safe by an Army Bomb Disposal Team in Kilbarrack Co. Dublin this afternoon. The Defence Forces were deployed following a request from the Gardai. Gardai had cordoned off the area and local residents were evacuated to a safe location.
11 May 2012
Grenade Found At House In Galway
More than 30 families were evacuated from their homesi n Galway last night after a device was found in the garden of a house. A viable World War II grenade was discovered at a property at approximately 10.30pm. An army disposal team made the device safe at around 1.30am.