We can assist you with:
- Air Tightness - installation advice and testing
- Energy Efficiency - Building low energy and Green
- Home Upgrades - reduce the heat loss and draughts in your home
- Certification - BER assessments and PHPP calculations
- Building Regulation - How to comply with Part L of the Building Regulations
- Our services are of use to home owners, self builders, builders and developers. We price competitively and fairly.
Among the individual services we offer are:
Also called Infra red survey, Heat loss survey, Heat seeking camera. Thermal imaging can find the heat loss locations - and where the cold is coming in. It is also useful for a number of other purposes, such as locating underfloor heating pipes, damp areas, leaks in flat roofs etc.
Also known as Air pressure testing, Airtightness testing, draught searching. Tests are conducted to EN13829 standard and audited by NSAI. Testing measures the level of draughtiness, and when used with smoke or thermal imaging, the locations of air infiltration and exfiltration can often be located.
Building Energy Ratings, Home Energy Certificates. The national Energy Calculation methodology, and the one used to produce an official rating for your property. BER assessments can be undertaken to test a planned house before any work commences, allowing changes to be made if required to achieve an improved energy rating.
Energy Specification for new builds and existing dwelling upgrades. We can help you specify and reach low energy targets in new builds or upgrades.
Site visits can be useful if you are not sure how to proceed in the areas of energy efficiency/renewable energy, or if you simply require reassurance that work is proceeding well.
Please note that GreenBuild site inspections do not replace your Homebond, Premier Guarantee or architect visits.
Greenbuild building information services and testing services can be offered as a package or on an individual basis, depending on your requirements.
Frequently asked questions
These are some of the questions that we are often asked...
- Can I build a Passive House?
- What building system should we use - block, timber frame, ICF, straw...
- What heating system should we use - oil, gas, geothermal, solid fuel...
- How can I make the building as energy efficient as possible...
- If the house is too airtight will we suffocate?...
- Where can I find the right suppliers, products....?
- How do I know if this is being done right... ?
- What about my water usage... ?
These are some of the many decisions that each building project faces, whether it is a renovation, extension or an estate.
Contact us to discuss your requirements.